Sunday, February 12, 2017

Slowly but surely

Everyday I pack something else in the house.

Day 1: Winter clothes
Day 2: Extra kitchen dishes
Day 3: Mimi's Room
Day 4: DJ's room
Day 5: Craft closet

The more and more that I pack the more I wonder...
- WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
- WHAT IF THE HOUSE DOESN'T SELL?
- AM I PUTTING THE HORSE BEFORE THE CART

I think that I am doing the right thing. I feel like the less clutter in the house, the better the house will sell. One realtor told me that we should get a storage unit, but I feel like that would be a waste. I might as well just store everything neatly in the 2 car garage!

Throwing away a lot of things that we haven't used in a long time or selling them in a yard sale is going to help us either way. I feel like the more prepared we are now, the less stress later.

 I also requested a quote for shipping.

I quoted for 3 Large bedrooms... Basically 9,000 lbs. from Tampa to Tegucigalpa. I am waiting to hear back from them. I feel like having a plan is the best way to move forward so we know how much is needed for the move and how much liquid cash we will have.

We have a four bedroom home but I really do not think that we will be taking the twins' small toddlers beds.

I really feel like things are becoming real. I have to fully commit myself for this move. I talk to the older children almost daily about the move. I do not want them to feel overwhelmed.

Right now I do not know if we will take the big kids with us straight to Honduras or leave them with Grandma for the Summer. At this point, I want to take them and leave the twins with Grandma. I feel like that will be best to acclimate the older kids and also give us some one on one adventure time.

Feeling so many emotions right now!




No comments:

Post a Comment