Sunday, February 5, 2017

Leaving America

 This year thousands of Americans have said that they will leave the country if Donald Trump was elected. Although my reasoning for moving is not based solely on his winning of the election, it surely did help expedite it.

 I am frightened to know that a man can go to war with a country in the middle of the night over a simple Tweet.

 Since January 20th, I have had about fifty anxiety attacks. I am worried about the direction of our country.

Luckily, I have never had a problem moving about and I actually enjoy it.

 The American way of life is simple- Go to school, get a job, work until 65 and then... Enjoy retirement. My husband and I happen to think a little bit different. We tried to live the American dream and it just wasn't cutting it for us. It just seems unfair to myself and my children to live paycheck to paycheck. We were happier while living abroad. Traveling, trying new food, and going out often.

 My husband is from Honduras and my best friend is from Republica Dominica so those are places I have been several times and would consider living long term.

 Ultimately, we decided to move to Honduras. My Suegro (Father in Law) is a corporate lawyer and could help us with the legality of everything...

I wake up every morning and pray that I am making the right decision. There is a lot to worry about. The adjustment of my two oldest children is perhaps the most worrisome. I talk to them about it often. However, I know that they will be able to pick up Spanish and adjust. The thought of living a nice, comfortable life for 1200 a month truly excites me.




No comments:

Post a Comment