Monday, February 13, 2017

Moving Quotes

I decided I would see how much it would cost to ship our household goods to Honduras. I went to: http://www.internationalshipping.com I got three shippers who emailed me right away.

Most of the emails said that the quote is good for 30 days. So maybe I am doing too much, too quick... But I rather know the hole that is about to be put in our pocket. You can never be too prepared.

One World Cargo- (866)961-6550 I spoke with Mia. They quoted me at 3,950. She told me that their company would drop a 40' container at my house and then pick it up and send it to the port. It would take 6 days to arrive in Honduras. This seems a bit too fast since I do not have an address in Honduras. I also do not have friends and family to help load the container. She said it would get 5 days for free in Honduras. I will call her back a month before it is time to move.

City Move- (888)794-8808 I spoke with Mike, He asked me for an inventory of what I would be taking. They provide moving blankets, taking apart the furniture and loading. They can hold the cargo for 30 days for free and then it could take up to 2 weeks to ship. This is good since I do not have an address yet. He said he would call me in a couple of days with the actual quote.

International Van Lines- (855-674-7447 I spoke with a woman named Judy. I told her I would be packing my own boxes but would like for them to pack my big items and they go from door to door. She didn't ask for a break down in items, but did tell me that I would need a 40' container as well. She said she would call me back once she hears from her Honduran team.

Maybe it would be best to unpack our own things because when people in Honduras see Americans... They see $$$. I know that they will charge a lot more then just regular Joes on the street. We will decide that when the quotes come back in. Gustavo has a lot of cousins so why not put them to help us!



No comments:

Post a Comment